The Expedition 2.0
Award winning all-metal off-road trailer.
Industry-leading basecamp setup time
All Metal. Zero Wood
Off-road use and abuse requires engineering in design, materials, and utilizing the best products.
Mold & Mildew Resistant
Aluminum construction is both lightweight and durable maintaining high resale value.
The Expedition 2.0 goes through extreme real-world testing to ensure that we are putting out the best product possible.
Standard Equipment and Options
Our process begins with building an AutoCAD Inventor 3D model to design and run testing simulations. The Expedition 2.0 comes standard with:
- Engineered 4-inch C-channel frame construction (3/16 inch), sandblasted and powder coated Steel Frame and 2 inch ball coupler
- Space Age Synthetics Thermo-lite polymer and fiberglass flooring: non-absorbent, extremely durable, dimensionally stable, and mold/mildew/contamination resistant
- Timbren 3500HD suspension (4 inch lift) with 12 inch electric brakes and Hopkins break away with battery backup
- Pro Comp 17×8.5 wheels with 265/70R17 Pro Comp AT off road tire
- Roof Rack & Adjustable Rear Storage
- 31 Gallons of Water
- Side Galley – Sink and Stove
- Front storage box rack
- Onboard freshwater tank
- Powder coated 36x26x52 aluminum front box
- Powder coated aluminum hot water on demand outside shower box
- Dual 12V deep cycle group 31 batteries, twin dual USB outlets, digital voltmeter display, dual interior and exterior LED lighting (130ah reserve per battery)
- Integrated multispeed reversible roof vent (Maxxfan Deluxe 4000)
- Shore Power Charger – Dual 10Amp bank on board charger
- 1000W Modified Sine Wave Inverter
- Solar Ready Port, front box mounted
- Aluminum propane tank mount with 10lb cylinder
- Dometic dual burner propane (with glass top) cooktop
- Custom stainless steel sink with folding faucet (hot and cold water)
- Dometic 55L fridge
- 1.2lb high density memory foam mattress with zippered fabric top and vinyl underside
- Custom manufactured doors (28×48) with tinted/screened windows
- Custom designed wrap
- Exterior mounted Bluetooth stereo system with dual marine speakers
- 24″ smart Smartcast LED TV and mount bracket
- Bed Upgrade – convertible couch
- 360 degree Maxcoupler Hitch (Receiver and Tow vehicle adapter)
- Furnace (6500BTU)
- Maxxfan Deluxe 7500 fan upgrade (thermostat, electric lift, remote)
- Spare tire carrier (including rim & tire) front mounted
- Levelling/Stabilizing jacks – BAL C jack (pair)
- Secondary 19 Gallon freshwater tank and skid plate – Pando 2.0
- Door Privacy Shades (black vinyl, pair)
- Device holder, 3D printed black
When you go off the grid with the Expedition 2.0 Off-Road Trailer, the fun starts where the road ends. Boasting apowder coated engineered laser-cut 4-inch C-channel steel frame and a cabin structure enclosed in vinyl-wrapped aluminum, the angular and sporty Expedition trailer is designed and built for the most rugged of explorers who don’t have time to slow down for difficult terrain.
From its steel mainframe to its uncompromising aluminum storage compartments, the Expedition trailer is constructed entirely of metal and composites. In other words, no wood, no plastic,just 1,700 pounds of digitally-welded compact versatility. At Off Grid Trailers, each design starts with 3D AutoCAD models that are rigorously tested and refined to ensure durability and peak performance.
The Expedition trailer features a50-degree departure angle and a Timbren 3500HD axle-less suspensionthat is supported by engineered laser cut supports. When the trail gets rough – and it will – the Expedition 2.0 Off-Road Trailer comesequipped with 12-inch electric brakes and a battery back-up breakaway system.Off Grid Trailers believes that each trailer should be unique to its owner, and that’s why we included integrated mounting points for all frame mounted accessories. The Expedition trailer is topped offwith roof-rack aluminum tube cross rails to ensure your bikes and other outdoor equipment is secured safely and accessible when you need it.
When Off Grid Trailers boasts about its no-wood construction process, the Expedition’s spacious cabin interior is no exception. Sitting above an aluminum and composite subfloor and enclosed in anenvironment proof one-piece aluminum skin wrap-around roof,the cabin of the Expedition trailer features rigid foam insulation and a10-speed reversible roof fanto ensure the climate inside your trailer is comfortable regardless of the weather outside. Each trailer also includes awaterproof, mold/mildew resistant ThermoLite SpaceAge Synthetics floor.
The Expedition trailer also comes equipped with4 USB portsandinterior LED lighting, andincludes a fully-upgraded electrical systemthat features an accessible and removable wire track for easy electrical wiring access. Although the Expedition is designed to be as compact as possible, the amount of storage available – including23 cubic foot of interior storageand a rear cabinet withfour powder-coated adjustable aluminum shelvesand 13 cubic feet of storage – is something you need to see to believe.
If you’re eager to go truly off-the-grid and experience this trailer in its element, the Expedition 2.0 allows you to take more of the comforts of home with you than ever before. In addition to ahigh-density memory foam mattressencased in a custom upholstered and vinyl backed cover, the Expedition 2.0 trailer features a31-gallonCSA approved fresh water tank, adual bank smart shore power charger, Zamp solar-ready port, and much more.
At first glance, the compact and rugged appearance of the Expedition trailer may give the impression that we sacrificed comfort for performance and utility – thankfully, this couldn’t be further from the truth.
In addition to a55L Dometic fridgeand onboard fresh water, the Expedition trailer features alaser-cut and formed kitchen drop-down galleythat is quickly and safely stowed away vertically with an integrated safety latch. You should not have to compromise with your meal prep surface; we have you covered with astainless-steel kitchen countertop. Despite its compact nature, the kitchen galley is loaded with features including aDometic stainless-steel dual burner stove,and astainless-steel deep sinkcomplete with a stainless-steel strainer and fold-down faucet.
There’s nothing like a hot shower after a full day of hiking, exploring, or hitting the trails on your mountain bike, and the Expedition’shot water on demandcomplete with a showerhead attachment is a nice touch. Once the day’s activities are finished, relax in your custom upholstered high-density memory foam queen mattress, oravailable roof top tentfor larger camping parties, and rest for whatever adventures tomorrow brings.