As a new Off Grid Trailers™ owner, you are responsible for regular care and proper maintenance. Proper maintenance will help avoid situations where our Manufacturer’s Warranty will not cover items due to neglect or misuse. Maintenance needs to be performed in accordance with the OGT™ owners manual, as well as the corresponding manufacturers’ warranties on key components included within your trailer.
Prior to having any work completed on your Off Grid Trailer™ during the warranty period, please review our Warranty Claim Process.
OGT™ Owner’s Responsibilities
It is the responsibility of the owner to maintain your OGT™ as described in the General Maintenance and Maintenance Schedule section of the Owner’s Manual including taking whatever preventative measures necessary to maintain the exterior sealants of the unit and to prevent foreseeable secondary moisture or water damage to the unit from rain, plumbing leaks, condensation and other natural accumulation of water in the unit.
- Proper care and maintenance as outlined in the OGT™ manual and the corresponding component warranty package.
- Returning your vehicle to an authorized service center for any repairs or service that is required.
- Reviewing the information contained within the OGT™ Owners Manual and all supplied component information (and instructional videos).
Examples of secondary damage include, but are not limited to, stained upholstery, flooring and floor deterioration, and mold formation and growth.
Mold is a natural growth given certain environmental conditions and is not covered by the terms of the Warranty.
MANUFACTURER’S 5 YEAR STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY WARRANTY
The Trailer Frame Chassis only will, for a period of sixty (60) months following the Owner’s purchase of the Trailer from either (a) the Manufacturer or (b) a Dealer (the “Frame Warranty Period”), be free from defects in material or workmanship and will conform to all written specifications provided by the Manufacturer.
MANUFACTURER’S 1 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
The Trailer Components will, for a period of twelve (12) months following the Owner’s purchase of the Trailer from either (a) the Manufacturer or (b) a Dealer (the “Component Warranty Period”), be free from defects in material or workmanship and will conform to all written specifications provided by the Manufacturer.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Warranty becomes effective only if the enclosed or online warranty card is fully completed and mailed/emailed to the manufacturer within (30) days of the date of purchase by the Owner. The Manufacturer will confirm Warranty registration.
2. The Warranty is the only warranty on the part of the Manufacturer and there are no other representations or warranties, express or implied, other than as expressly set forth or referred to herein and, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Manufacturer does not make any warranties to the owner or to any other person or entity, whether express, implied or statutory, as to the description, quality, merchantability, completeness or fitness for any purpose of the Trailer or information provided hereunder or described herein, or as to any other matter all of which warranties are hereby excluded and specifically disclaimed.
3. The Warranty does not apply to any Non-Warranty Components. The Manufacturer is not the manufacturer of the following products (but not limited to): axles, ranges, ovens, range hoods, refrigerator, furnace, air conditioner, water heater, windows, jacks, electrical components, and LPG (liquid propane gas) accessories. The Manufacturer has not conducted any independent tests for Non-Warranty Component’s quality and fitness and makes no expressed or implied representation or warranty regarding their freedom from defects.
4. If any defects in material or workmanship are discovered during the applicable Warranty Period, the Manufacturer will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace the defective component.
5. Any defects must be brought to the authorized selling dealer from whom the Trailer was purchased, or to the Manufacturer no later than ten (10) days after the discovery of such defects and must contain a written description of the defect and the Vehicle Identification Number of the Trailer.
6. The Warranty is effective only for the applicable Warranty Period and only in respect of any defects reported to the manufacturer discovered during the applicable Warranty Period. The Warranty does not apply to the cost of transporting materials or units to or from the repair site.
7. The Warranty applies only to new Trailers operated in the ordinary course and in accordance with the Manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines (as may be modified or amended from time to time). The Warranty will be void and of no effect if (a) any after-market modifications are made to the Trailer, (b) any repairs are made to the Trailer using non-authorized parts, (c) the Owner fails to maintain the Trailer in a reasonable manner; or (d) in the opinion of the manufacturer, damage has occurred because of misuse, acts of God, negligence, or other causes beyond control of the Manufacturer.
8. As used herein, the following terms have the meanings given thereto:
a. “Dealer” means an authorized dealer of the Manufacturer’s trailers or products.
b. “Non-Warranty Components” means any part, product or component included with or affixed to the Trailer which are (i) consumables, (ii) are not manufactured by the Manufacturer, or (iii) are covered by separate warranties of the individual manufacturer of such component (including but not limited to axles, windows, tires, batteries, ranges, ovens, range hoods, refrigerator, furnace, water heater, jacks, electrical components, and LPG (liquid propane gas) accessories.
c. “Owner” means the original purchaser of the Trailer from the Manufacturer or a Dealer and excludes any person which has purchased the Trailer from a person other than the Manufacturer or a Dealer.
d. “Trailer Components” means any part, product or component of the Trailer excluding the Trailer Frame and the Non-Warranty Components.
e. “Trailer Frame Chassis” means the lower chassis frame of the Trailer, excluding any Non-Warranty Components.
f. “Warranty Period” means either the Component Warranty Period or the Frame Warranty Period, as applicable.
The Warranty is in substitution for and eliminates all other liabilities of any kind whether arising under statute, in tort, by implication of law or otherwise, including, to the full extent as may be allowed by law, liability for any other representations respecting the Trailer, statutory warranties or implied warranties or conditions as to the Trailer’s merchantability or fitness. The Manufacturer’s sole liability for a breach of the Warranty, and the Owner’s sole remedy, shall be the repair or replacement of the defective component, as applicable. Under no circumstances shall the Manufacturer be accountable to any person for loss or damage to the Trailer or its parts, loss of time, inconvenience, business loss, consequential or other damages or any other claims associated to or amounting from any defect in factory materials or workmanship whenever found except as provided for herein. Off Grid Trailers LP. reserves the right to change any components used in production at their discretion.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED – THIS WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY TO:
- Routine maintenance including, without limitation, caulking, re-caulking and waxing of the body of the trailer, tightening screws, brake squeak/lock-up/adjustment, latches, locks, combustion systems, changing fuses and maintaining the HVAC systems;
- Adjustments to all doors, drawers, locks, latches, awnings and window treatments beyond 90 days after retail sale.
- Equipment, products, components, appliances, or accessories not manufactured by OGTLP;
- Recreational vehicles used for business, rental, commercial, residential, or disaster relief purposes, or any purposes other than recreational travel and family camping;
- Recreational vehicles which are not originally purchased through OGT or those purchased through auction, repossession, salvage or an otherwise damaged or distressed condition;
- Damage or loss caused in whole or in part by the misuse, abuse, neglect, theft, vandalism, product modification, improper customer or dealer installation, improper stowing of equipment, overloading or improper balancing of the load, low or high voltage, unauthorized repair or failure to follow instructions supplied with the recreational vehicle;
- Damage or loss caused in whole or in part by the unauthorized attachments, modifications or alterations to the structure, body, 7 pin box, or frame of the RV including but not limited to trailer hitches for towing;
- Any fading or die lot changes of upholstery;
- Design defects; Redesign/Re-construction of any part of the RV; or anything related to wheel or axle alignment;
- Rust or corrosion due to the environment; and any broken glass damage;
- Damage or loss caused in whole or in part by animals, exposure to natural or atmospheric elements, corrosive chemicals, ash or fumes generated or released by vehicles, collision, road hazards, rock chips, condensation, or any other source;
- Damage or loss caused in whole or in part by the willful or negligent acts of the driver of the vehicle pulling the RV, an accident involving the RV, or the condition of any road surface;
- Damage or loss to the RV caused in whole or in part by the tow vehicle selected by the owner, owner’s operation or use of the tow vehicle, improper selection or installation of towing hitch on tow vehicle, weight distribution, sway control or equalizer equipment, or damage to the owner’s tow vehicle;
- Any injury, loss or damage due to mold or fungi; and
- Any RV licensed, registered, or primarily used outside Canada or the USA.
- The OGT warranty period is valid from the date of purchase by the first retail owner and is not transferrable.
How To Obtain Warranty Service
Your ongoing satisfaction with your OGT™ is paramount to Off Grid Trailers™. Please follow these steps for fast, efficient warranty service.
Warranty service requests must be made within the warranty period:
- Inspect your travel trailer thoroughly to determine exactly what service is required.
- Contact OGTLP directly by email email@example.com or by submitting a claim here
- If the unit is not within reasonable proximity for service, OGT™ will work with a reputable service center (or the customer directly) near the customer.